An Old Flame
J.L. Andrus recently sent in this photograph of the city’s fire trucks taken in front of the Jennings Fire Department 1942. Pictured are City Marshal Tony Truxillo, a barber named Spike Miguez, Mr. Manuel, Eli Young, Mr. Stewart, Wallace Manuel, Bob Reynolds, Frank Istre, Mr. Hill, Fire Chief Istre, J.L. Andrus and City Official Oventon Gauthier and several unidentified others. According to Andrus, in 1942 the building (from right) included the main jail cell, the police chief’s office and the City’s administration department. The City Court was located on the second floor of the building, which was located between North Market and North Broadways streets, just down the street from where the city’s courtroom, fire and police departments are housed today.subscribe or by calling 337-824-3011.
Short URL: http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=13133