Reader Disagrees With Brother on Taxes

Dear Editor,

Sunday’s paper on April 7, 2013, had a letter to the editor from my brother “Earl” from Crowley arguing against the sales tax because it adversely effects the low income. I agree with that 10 percent of his comments, but disagree with the other 90 percent. A well thought out plan could reimburse those at poverty level for taxes paid for necessities on an annual basis, thus nullifying that argument.

The more important, and never discussed, issue is the fact that nearly 50 percent of people pay no income taxes, and yet are welcomed with open arms to vote on issues to raise taxes on those of us who do. They have nothing to lose when joyfully voting to raise taxes since it doesn’t affect them. When they do have to pay taxes on all purchases they may think a little harder before making their selection.

Sincerely,

J.B.Hargroder MD

Jennings

Short URL: http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=18933

Posted by on Apr 13 2013. Filed under Letters to the Editor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Search Archive

Search by Date

or

Search by Category

or

Search Site

 

© 2014 Jenning Daily News | PO Box 910 | 238 Market Street | Jennings, LA 70546 | 337.824.3011 | Log in