DHH: Take precautions with water activities this summer

Daily News Staff Report

An 83-year-old Louisiana man died and three others were sickened after being exposed to flesh-eating bacteria while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, CBS Houston reported this week from Grand Isle.

The flesh-eating bacteria that infected each swimmer is known as Vibrio vulnificus, according to the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, which is advising beach-goers on its website to take precautions when swimming.

For the complete story and more local news, please subscribe to Jennings Daily News by clicking subscribe or by calling 337-824-3011.

Short URL: http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=20997

Posted by on Jul 10 2013. Filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Search Archive

Search by Date

or

Search by Category

or

Search Site

 

© 2014 Jenning Daily News | PO Box 910 | 238 Market Street | Jennings, LA 70546 | 337.824.3011 | Log in