Help recognize those who keep La. beautiful
We can all do our part to keep our state beautiful. Meanwhile, those who go above and beyond to do so may also earn recognition for those efforts.
Nominations for the Keep Louisiana Beautiful (KLB) annual awards are now being accepted, by the non-profit organization that is dedicated to litter prevention, waste reduction and recycling. KLB is calling on Louisiana residents to help nominate exemplary groups and individuals, as well as innovative programs whose efforts help to keep Louisiana beautiful.
The annual awards program presents seven awards recognizing exceptional volunteers in the state and includes the Alice Foster Award, named in honor of the former first lady. The deadline for entries is Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete list of awards and entry submission guidelines are provided at www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org. Recipients will be recognized on Friday, Oct. 3, 2014, during the Annual Awards Luncheon at the conclusion of the 2014 KLB State Conference in Baton Rouge.
Keep Louisiana Beautiful seeks nominations and entries for the following categories:
• Most Innovative Program – a Keep Louisiana Beautiful affiliate, nonprofit organization, civic group or governmental entity that has introduced a successful environmental initiative that is particularly creative or innovative.
• Youth Leadership Award – a school, school district, educator or student (elementary through college) that has displayed creativity and effective leadership, engaged peers and community and has made a significant impact.
• Outstanding Keep Louisiana Beautiful Affiliate – an affiliate that has shown exceptional creativity and diversity of programming as well as community engagement and leadership qualities.
• Outstanding Keep Louisiana Beautiful Affiliate Director – a director/executive director of a KLB affiliate who has demonstrated innovative and exceptional leadership in building a strong, sustainable and diverse program in his/her community.
• Corporate Leadership Award – a business that has demonstrated innovative and consistent dedication to environmental stewardship and community enrichment.
• Alice Foster Award – recognizes a volunteer for exceptional leadership in litter prevention, waste reduction, recycling and beautification.
A complete list of awards and entry submission guidelines are provided at www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org. Entries must be emailed to email@example.com by Wednesday, Sept. 17, 1014.
Short URL: http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=28387